Friday, April 11, 2008

(Good vs Bad) Vs (Default Brushes vs Personalised Brushes)

So, the one day tasks.

Fun?? Some have been yes....others haven't.

Lets see...what ones have we had?
  • Architectural Study
  • Air, Land, Sea, Yacht
  • Interior Spaces
  • Digital Masterpiece
  • Then the redoing of the Mechanical, Organic & Interesting Person projects.
I'm not going to lie. I have struggled with these a little bit. Some i have spent a lot more then the prescribed hours on and i'm more than willing to admit that.

However,I feel that spending more time on them has allowed me to progress further with my thoughts and inspiration.

Air, Land, Sea, Yacht for example, i've still not quite finished that, but spending a few hours on it here and there, then coming back to it a few days later with a fresher mind has given me a lot nore freedom to the project.

To begin with it was so boring! i knew it but i just couldn't make my imagination stretch to make it interesting. Then i began looking at sycamore seeds and have now incorporated that into my design features and it looks one heck of a lot better. Still work to do but never mind!

Anyway, my digital masterpiece.

I decided to recreate 'The Scream' by Edvard Munch. Don't ask me why, but it is and for a very loing time has been one of my favourites. To me, it holds a lot of mystery because nobody actually knows for certain what this painting represents.

I enjoy the brush strokes and the colour which has been used to represent the feel of this painting.

We all know what the picture looks like right?

well for those of you who need a little reminder, here it is:


This would be my first attempt:


I didnt like it what so ever. The brushes i used were wrong. The colours don't blend. Its too sketchy. I was just unhappy with it. Hence why its unfinished.

I found that the default brushes in photoshop just didnt cut it for this. I had never really experimented with different brushes (probably through fear,and thus knocking my self confidence).

The piece just didnt feel right.

Enter....

Attempt number 2....

Much better? Don't you think?

the secret? different brushes. A little friend of mine sent me a set of brushes to use, and that's how my piece ended up.

I much more enjoyed doing this a second time around, especially with a different set of brushes.
I found that the general feel of the painting was different. It felt less sketchy and more like a painting. A piece of representational art which almost fits the aims of the original.

Anyway enough for now......



No comments: