I suddenly thought today that i haven't actually done a blog post in a while, and seen as I'm taking a break from doing some work i thought that i might do one.
So here it goes.
Since going to Turkey, the team catbarrel project has gone swimmingly. We have naturally had a few problems with unreal like it just deciding to delete all the geometry and not saving itself. but its coming along nicely now.
Were at a stage where we have all the right buildings in the right places, and are adding the extra detailed touches to the ground i.e. durving the kerbs and raising areas outside shops which need to be raised.
Were working on making and placing the street furniture as we go along, trying to scale it right in max so there is less work to do in unreal, but still sometimes this logic fails us.
As a group we are all working well i think. We haven't had any major problems either with the work or ourselves. we started with 3 friends in a group, and still have 3 Friends in a group.
Its not long until a formative assessment is going to happen, Its 3 weeks and two days away. That's kind of scary knowing that we Will have that assessment, then just one more week to put into place the criticisms which we have been given and make our level the best project we can.
I don't think we will have that much of a problem.
On one hand though, because all of our modules are just one this year, i feel a bit lost as to the 2D side of things. I know that our presentation of our work and the way we texture things and photoshop things out is the main part of the mark, but it doesn't feel like I'm doing much for it as i don't have that much time for actual 2D art!
I feel I'm losing touch with the little skill i possessed in the first place.
The past 3 years seems to have gone so unbelieveably fast. It bfeels like just a few months ago i was a fresher who didnt have thr slightest clue what was going on, where any of the tools were and took hours and hous on end of practise to make a wheelie bin.
Its gone too fast. The work i have been producing has improved, but not as much as the work which other people have been making. Nevermind.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment