I've been up for nearly 48 hours and well that's rather a long time.
Hopefully it'll make more sense than some of the sentences Pickle Pigou wrote and edited before he posted one of his blogs.........Good Times.
Ok, so over the course of the second year, I think i can definatly say i have enjoyed the latter part.
I didn't feel like i did very well with the organic and mechanic projects. Somehow i felt like i couldn't let go properly and so as a result of this, my projects were pretty boring, plain and simple.
I tended to concentrate more on rendering than anything. I just couldn't let my imagination run free with the project. But then as i have discovered, being so restricted within the limitations of education, art and creativity has affected this.
I enjoyed the Queens project even though i did feel that at first i wasnt going too. Turns out that it has actually been a nice experience and i have got to know people who, without the groups being set probably wouldn't talk to half as much as i do.
It's nice to have gotten to know people more.
Anyway....
The past 6 weeks have been filled by one day projects for Chris. I felt like i wanted to share some of my work with you. Here are four of them:
Air, Land, Sea, Yacht:
The final image may not seem that exciting to you, but it took me a bloody long time to get there. Many many pages of a layout pad, frustrating hours and epiphany's later, this is what i came out with.I wasn't originally going to do the final version in photoshop, but ive got a new found love and enjoyment for the programme and digital art at the moment :)
Digital Masterpiece:
A few blog's prior to this one, i made a post about and wrote about this piece of art i did. I'm not posting it again.
Scroll down and find it yourself. I'm not doing it all for you.
Exterior - Architectural Structure:
This was a nice one. Me, Louise, Joel and Alex Holt all ventured slightly outside of Leicester City itself and went to Kirby Muxloe Castle to draw. We also took the 'Master of undulating' Slaney with us when we went back for a quick visit.
Not too fond of this piece in which i have done, but i feel inclined to leave it as a paper piece rather than a digital piece. I think the colours could have been done better, and of course the perspective.
Interior Space - Bar:
Now this one, i have actually done twice. Not quite finished it twice however.
My first attempt, well i basically drew soar point,and again through slight fear of getting it all wrong and coming out with a worse image than what i started with, i just stuck to changing the decoration of the bar rather than designing my own in a perspective view.
The pictures i did have were not great for a start.
Far from it in fact.
I decided that i can do better than that and started again.
I'm no good at perspective, i just get confused when there are many things within the room and end up going wrong somewhere but i cant quite pinpoint what it is about this very simple set of 'drawing rules' i dont understand.
Anyway to cut a long story short, i dug out some paperwork Chris gave us last year about perspectives. One of them was showing grid systems and perspectives.
I gave this ago.
I created my own grid on paper and scanned it into photoshop. Makes life much easier when practising.
I made my box grid as follows.
You know, i feel like a completely inadequate artist sometimes. Not being able to do perspectives. I'm envious of all of you who can do them without even thinking about it. I try and try and try and often, fail.Or maybe not.
The grid above may have you thinking 'ok this is an extreme way to learn something simple'or 'that looks like it makes a hard job of a simple rule'
I found that by using that as a simple template/guideline. I created a perspective picture.
Perfect?
or still flawed??
That's for you to comment and tell me what you think. Three people have look at the final outline picture and said its okay. but i want to know what the rest of you think.
Using the grid, this is what i came out with:
Good no?? (if you view it as a big image, ignore the pale blue lines, just pay attention to the black ones!)For somebody who hasn't quite yet grasped the simple rules of perspective by heart, that's a pretty good attempt.
All thanks to many lines and photoshop's ability to make a layer opaque to use as guidelines.
Obviously its yet to be rendered.
I should probably get on with that now.
(And yes, i will start painting it at 12.45AM!!!!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment