Monday, June 30, 2008

Little Progress....

Ok so summer is under way, results are out and our third and final year has to be concentrated on.

But First!

I must improve.

I have been working on learning zBrush, creating Avatars and improving my drawing. All of this being done on my personal projects as Jev hasn't given me another one yet :P

So,The zBrush stuff....

Sophia kindly came round on the day of he degree show opening and gave me some pointers about using the programme itself. Once you get the hang of the navigation and where the tools are and what you can and cant do its not so bad to use.

I found that the hardest bit was the navigation and finding out that when i clicked certain buttons, it stopped me doing what i actually wanted to do. Like your not supposed to make it into a tool unless your saving the model as a tool....that's what got me as soon as i started,

So, i did my model, it was for the GameArtisans mini comp, 'Gateway to the Afterlife' I didnt do it to hand it in, i did it as a personal project for me. Just to see what i could do with it.

The model went a bit funny when i took it into zBrush, the Horns on one of the sides halved for some reason but anyway, here's what i ended up with as a first time user of zBrush:


I also finished my 3DS Max Model and textured it. Here's what that one looks like:


The next one....

The work on the avatars:

Ive not quite finished this yet, but i took the images which somebody found and put on the Kdrive, and have begun using those to try and help me understand the human anatomy a little more and hopefully model it a little better.

Sophia suggested to me that i take the pictures themselves, and draw on them where i think the edges should go. I did this and checked it against some other model wireframes which i could find and it didnt seem too badly, I only did this for the head mind as this is where i really really really struggled last time.

I havent quite finished the model as a whole yet, but heres how it looks so far:



Still needs a little work and ive not got any hands and feet on it yet but ill do another one and it will hopefully get a bit better.

The other things i am working on which is a 3D Model is the 'Friends' tv set. I don't know why im doing it. I just felt like it. Its a challenge as obviously, i don't have blueprints for it, and well you have to kinda grab images from videos and stuff when you can see the bits your need. But heres what ive done so far, haven't worked on the bedrooms and bathroom yet, but progress is as follows:


I've been designing and building my website over the summer, and i have a lovely friend willing to put it together for me. Im hoping that by the end of summer i can have something up and running, then i can add to it and take away from it over our 3rd year and have a good website by the time our degree show comes around.

Anyways enough for now, I hope your all having a nice summer and getting on with some work!

No comments: